1. On Ethics and Gender.
2. Feminism as an Ethics of Gender.
3. Is Ethics a Man's Subject?.
4. The Matter of Bodies.
5. The Subject of Language.
6. The Power of Agency.
7. Engendering Ethics.
8. Conceiving of Difference.
9. Subjected in Hope.
10. For Love of God.
"This work is a fine achievement. There is an impressive range of treatments, remarkable erudition, consistent clarity, and imaginative glimpses of a new future for recognizably Christian ethics. It is certain to be discussed for several years." Theology
- Explores the issues of gender in the light of social relationships and the concept of identity.
- Investigates the contribution gender and postmodern gender theory can make to discussions of modern ethics.
- Explores the work of writers such as Martha Nussbaum, Daphne Hampson, Lisa Sowle Cahill, Grace Jantzen and Luce Irigary.
- Parson discusses future options, offering the possibility of another way of self-understanding and for the renewal of theological ethics for our time.
- Written by a leading academic in the field, this is an excellent contribution to the New dimensions to Religious Ethics series.