DescriptionThis is the thoroughly revised and updated edition of the best-selling The Facilitator Excellence Handbook. Written for both new and experienced facilitators, the second edition of The Facilitator Excellence Handbook offers a comprehensive guide for understanding the full range of skills, processes, and knowledge needed to become an effective facilitator. The book addresses a variety of facilitation opportunities, challenges, and problems and also contains
- A variety of verbal and nonverbal facilitation techniques
- Step-by-step facilitation processes and tools
- Information on how to facilitate conflict resolution in groups and how to facilitate difficult situations
- Instructions for designing and leading group work
- Examples of how various levels of facilitator competency are called for in different types of groups
- Techniques for facilitating meetings, teams, virtual teams, and organization-wide projects
- Discussions on the art of facilitating and what makes a great facilitator
PART 1: Overview of Facilitation.
Chapter 1: Facilitation in Organizations Today.
Chapter 2: Role of the Facilitator.
PART 2: Basic Facilitation Skills.
Chapter 3: Verbal Techniques: What to Say.
Chapter 4: Nonverbal Techniques: What to Do.
Chapter 5: Recording Techniques.
Chapter 6: Reading the Group.
Chapter 7: Facilitating Consensus.
PART 3: Facilitator Methods and Tools.
Chapter 8: Generating and Organizing Material.
Chapter 9: Ranking and Evaluating Material.
Chapter 10: Facilitating Difficult Situations.
Chapter 11: Facilitating Conflict Resolution.
PART 4: Designing Effective Facilitations.
Chapter 12: How to Design a Facilitation.
Chapter 13: Organizing and Enhancing Group Work.
Chapter 14: Opening and Closing Activities.
PART 5: The Facilitator in Action.
Chapter 15: Levels of Facilitator Competency.
Chapter 16: Facilitating Meetings.
Chapter 17: Facilitating Teams.
Chapter 18: Facilitating Virtual Teams.
Chapter 19: Facilitating Organization-Wide Projects.
PART 6: Facilitator Excellence.
Chapter 20: Managing Yourself.
Chapter 21: The Art of Facilitating.
Chapter 22: What Makes a Great Facilitator?
Resources for Facilitators.
About the Author.
How to use the CD-ROM.