DescriptionHow can you tap into your team’s creativity to tackle today’s toughest business challenges?
In The Firefly Effect, Kimberly Douglas presents inspiring yet pragmatic insights into getting your entire team firing on all cylinders and aiming in the right direction. Comparing the difficult act of harnessing and capturing creativity to the act of catching fireflies on a summer night, she will explain:
- What to do when the fireflies don’t show up (or when creativity dries up)
- How to know when it’s time to find a new meadow (or a new approach, place or process)
- What to do if the leader is keeping too tight a lid on the jar (and team innovation is gasping for air)
- How to get inventive when it rains on your firefly hunt (or parade of ideas)
- What happens when everyone is too busy to join in (and group problems remain unresolved)
Chapter 1: What is The Firefly Effect?
Chapter 2: The Individual – Creativity Found Again.
PART II: THE LEADER’S ROLE – CREATING THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT.
Chapter 3: The New Role of Leadership.
Chapter 4: No Dissing the Red Quadrant.
Chapter 5: Beware the Ferocious Firefly!
Chapter 6: Conflict as Creative Abrasion…a pearl, a diamond, or a mountain?
Chapter 7: Was It Something I Said?
PART III: THE LEADER'S ROLE – TARGETING TEAM ENERGY.
Chapter 8: One Team – One Picture of Success.
Chapter 9: How Will You Know When You Get There?
Chapter 10: Guiding Principles as Guiding Light.
PART IV: EVERYONE FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS.
Chapter 11: Team Gatherings – Time to Shine.
Chapter 12: Team Decisions – Fact or Fiction.
Chapter 13: What to Do if the Leader Is Keeping Too Tight a Lid on the Jar.
Chapter 14: Shining the Light of Accountability.
PART V: SPARKING CREATVITY.
Chapter 15: The Firefly Chase Begins.
Chapter 16: How Could You Forget the Toys?
Chapter 17: This Place Is a Zoo!
Chapter 18: When Sparks Collide – Dealing with Inter-Team Conflict.
PART VI: SYNC – THE MAGIC.
Chapter 19: There's Something Going on in My Backyard!
Chapter 20: Change Is Not a Four-Letter Word.
Chapter 21: At the End of the Day.