The Future of Finance after SEPA
The Future of Finance after SEPA
About the Contributors
An Introduction to SEPA (Chris Skinner).
PART 1: THE VIEWS OF THE ARCHITECTS.
1. The EPC and the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA): It’s now up to the banks and their customers! (Gerard Hartsink, the EPC).
2. The economic impact of SEPA on Europe’s banks (Heiko Schmiedel, the European Central Bank).
3. The vision of a Single European Payments Market (Eva King, the European Commission).
4. Creating the Payment Services Directive for SEPA (Sharon Bowles, Member of the European Parliament).
PART 2: THE VIEWS OF THE PAYMENT PROCESSORS.
5. Was SEPA worth the effort after all? (Geoffroy de Schrevel, SWIFT).
6. Europe’s future payments infrastructures (Daniel Szmukler, EBA CLEARING).
7. Bilateral clearing likely to be dominant clearing method in SEPA (Henrik Parl, Eurogiro).
8. Is listening to the regulator enough? (Nick Senechal, VocaLink).
9. The implications of SEPA to the Nordics (Bodil Nelsson and Mats Wallén, Bankgirocentralen BGC AB, Sweden).
10. Eight Predictions for SEPA’s Impact on Payment Cards (John Chaplin, First Data).
11. SEPA and eCommerce – the Consumer is King (René Pelegero, PayPal).
PART 3: THE VIEWS OF THE BANKS.
12. The Payment Services Directive – a critical review (Ruth Wandhöfer, Citi).
13. SEPA – The Implications for banks (Mark Hale, Barclays Bank).
14. Bring on the benefits, a SEPA success story (James Barclay, JPMorgan Chase).
15. The Impact of SEPA on the Irish Payments Industry (Brenda O’Connell, Bank of Ireland).
16. After 2010: Will the customer become King (Harry Leinonen, the Bank of Finland).
17. The implications of SEPA for e-invoicing (Erkki Poutiainen, Nordea).
18. Banking after SEPA: 2010 and beyond (Daniele Danese, Banca Popolare di Verona).
PART 4: THE VIEWS OF THE CORPORATES.
19. SEPA: an introduction for corporates (John Ryan, CASS Business School).
20. SEPA: The Corporate Perspective (Gianfranco Tabasso, EACT and Tom Buschman, TWIST).
PART 5: THE VIEWS OF THE OBSERVERS OF SEPA.
21. Will the promises of SEPA come true for corporates? (Juergen Weiss, Gartner).
22. The Single European Payments Area – the user and supplier perspectives (David Doyle, EU Policy Advisor on Financial Markets).
23. SEPA – It’s Trench Warefare (Ashley Dowson, the SEPA Consultancy).
24. Payments Operations – Building to protect the franchise (Robert Bradfield, Ernst & Young).
25. SWIFT for Corporates, a channel to SEPA (Hervé Postic, founder, UTSIT Paris).
PART 6: THE VIEW OF THE IMPLEMENTERS OF SEPA.
26. The most critical technologies for SEPA (Neil Burton, IBM).
27. Compliance: Friend or Foe? (Sean Fitzgerald, Sentenial).
28. SEPA: How the technology requirements for SEPA will help it evolve (Jonathan Williams, Eiger).
29. The relationship between SEPA and Anti-Money Laundering (AML)(Anthony Kirby, Chair Reference Data Subject Group and Member of the Executive Committee, ISITC).
30. SEPA and identity: are you who you say you are, and does it matter? (John Bullard, IdenTrust).
31. Why SEPA needs e-invoicing (Bo Harald, TietoEnator).
32. The Technology Standards required for SEPA (Chris Pickles, BT).
33. The most critical technologies for SEPA (Richard Spong, Sterling Commerce).
Appendix - Useful Resources.
Glossary of Terms.