1. Perspectives on Dispute Resolution: An Introduction (Michael L. Moffitt and Robert C. Bordone).
2. Roots and Inspirations: A Brief History of the Foundations of Dispute Resolution (Carrie Menkel-Meadow).
PART ONE: UNDERSTANDING DISPUTANTS.
3. “I See a Pattern Here and the Pattern Is You”: Personality and Dispute Resolution (Sheila Heen and John Richardson).
4. The Decision Perspective to Negotiation (Max H. Bazerman and Katie Shonk).
5. Enemies, Allies, and Emotions: The Power of Positive Emotions in Negotiation (Daniel L. Shapiro).
6. Relationship Dynamics in Disputes: Replacing Contention with Cooperation (Keith G. Allred).
7. Identity, Beliefs, Emotion, and Negotiation Success (Clark Freshman).
8. Cultural Pathways in Negotiation and Conflict Management (Anthony Wanis-St. John).
9. Negotiation Through a Gender Lens (Deborah M. Kolb and Linda L. Putnam).
10. Bone Chips to Dinosaurs: Perceptions, Stories, and Conflict (Douglas Stone and Sheila Heen).
PART TWO: UNDERSTANDING DISPUTES AND DISPUTE CONTEXTS.
11. Disputes as Opportunities to Create Value (Michael L. Moffitt).
12. Six Principles for Using Negotiating Agents to Maximum Advantage (Scott R. Peppet).
13. Finding Settlement with Numbers, Maps, and Trees (Marjorie Corman Aaron).
14. Option Generation: Be Careful What You Ask For . . . (Chris Guthrie).
15. Organizational Influences on Disputants (Corinne Bendersky).
16. A Taxonomy of Dispute Resolution Ethics (Jonathan R. Cohen).
17. The Role of Law in Settlement (Russell Korobkin).
PART THREE: UNDERSTANDING DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESSES.
18. Negotiation (Bruce Patton).
19. Mediation (Kimberlee K. Kovach).
20. Arbitration (Sarah Rudolph Cole and Kristen M. Blankley).
21. Litigation as a Dispute Resolution Alternative (Jeffrey R. Seul).
22. Consensus Building and ADR: Why They Are Not the Same Thing (Lawrence E. Susskind).
23. Bargaining in the Shadow of Management: Integrated Conflict Management Systems (Howard Gadlin).
24. Selecting an Appropriate Dispute Resolution Procedure: Detailed Analysis and Simplified Solution (Frank E. A. Sander and Lukasz Rozdeiczer).
PART FOUR: EMERGING ISSUES IN DISPUTE RESOLUTION.
25. What Could a Leader Learn from a Mediator? Dispute Resolution Strategies for Organizational Leadership (Hannah Riley Bowles).
26. Online Dispute Resolution (Ethan Katsh).
27. Public and Private International Dispute Resolution (Andrea Kupfer Schneider).
28. Victim Offender Mediation: Evidence-Based Practice Over Three Decades (Mark S. Umbreit, Robert B. Coates, and Betty Vos).
29. Youths, Education, and Dispute Resolution (Donna K. Crawford and Richard J. Bodine).
30. Institutionalization and Professionalization (Nancy A. Welsh).
31. The Next Thirty Years: Directions and Challenges in Dispute Resolution (Robert C. Bordone, Michael L. Moffitt, and Frank E. A. Sander).
About the Editors.
About the Contributors.