Foreword (Judith Hennigfeld, Manfred Pohl and Nick Tolhurst).
PART I: INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND TO CSR.
1. Why Do Companies Engage in Corporate Social Responsibility? Background, Reasons and Basic Concepts (Dirk Matten).
2. Corporate Culture and CSR – How They Interrelate and Consequences for Successful Implementation (Manfred Pohl).
3. CSR – The Way Ahead or a Cul de Sac? (Sir Geoffrey Chandler).
4. Why all Companies should Address Human Rights – and how the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre can help (Christopher Avery, Annabel Short and Gregory Tzeutschler Regaignon).
5. The British CSR Strategy: How a Government Supports the Good Work (Margaret Hodge).
PART II: SHARING GOOD PRACTICES AND LESSONS LEARNED.
6. Transnational Corporations and the Global Mindset (Walther Ch. Zimmerli and Markus Holzinger).
7. Corporate Social Responsibility: Past and Present Practice at National Bank of Greece (Takis Arapoglou).
8. The Reinhard Mohn Fellowship: Not-For-Profit and Business Learning from Each Other (Liz Mohn).
9. CSR Implementation – How the Bertelsmann Foundation Supports the Implementation of Corporate Responsibility in Companies (Birgit Riess).
10. Social Responsibility – a Sustainable Strategy for Business Success or Making a Profit with Non-profit (Peter Walter).
11. The Body Shop: Living the Dream (Jan Oosterwijk).
12. Translating Corporate Social Responsibility Policy into Practice in BT (Ben Verwaayen).
13. The Business of Empowering Women: Innovative Strategies for Promoting Social Change (Barbara Krumsiek and M. Charito Kruvant).
14. Corporate Philosophy – Seeking Harmony between People, Society and the Global Environment and Creating a Prosperous Society through Making Automobiles (Yoshio Shirai).
15. The Kyosei Philosophy and CSR (Fujio Mitarai).
16. A Decade of Environmental and Sustainability Reporting at Credit Suisse Group (H.-U. Doerig).
17. Microfinance as Profitable Good Practice (Rolf-E. Breuer).
18. Business Ethics as a Management Instrument – Vision, Values and Code of Conduct at Henkel (Ulrich Lehner).
19. A Company’s Social Side (Markus Holzinger, Klaus Richter and Dirko Thomsen).
20. In the Driver’s Seat: Implementing Sustainable Management Around the Globe (Katja Suhr and Andreas von Schumann).
21. What Gets Measured Gets Done (Anita Roper).
PART III: RANKING AND AUDITING.
22. The ‘Good Company Ranking’ of the Manager Magazin (Arno Balzer and Michael Kr¨oher).
23. The Caux Round Table: Taking CSR from Aspiration to Action (Stephen B. Young and Frank Straub).