1. Lakes, Limnology And Limnetic Ecology: Towards A New Synthesis: C.S. Reynolds and P.E. O’Sullivan.
2. The Origin Of Lake Basins: H. Loffler.
3. The Hydrology Of Lakes: Thomas C. Winter.
4. Chemical Processes Regulating The Composition Of Lake Waters: Werner Stumm.
5. Physical Properties Of Water Relevant To Limnology And Limnetic Ecology: C.S. Reynolds.
6. The Motion Of Lake Waters: Dieter M. Imboden.
7. Regulatory Impacts Of Humic Substances In Lakes: C.E.W. Steinberg.
8. Sedimentation And Lake Sediment Formation: J. Bloesch.
9. Organisation And Energetic Partitioning Of Limnetic Communities: C.S. Reynolds.
10. Phytoplankton: Judit Padisak.
11. Aquatic Plants And Lake Ecosystems: Jan Pokorny and Jan Kvet.
12. Benthic Invertebrates: Petur M. Jonasson.
13. Pelagic Microbes - Protozoa And The Microbial Food Web: T. Weisse.
14. Zooplankton: Z. Maicej Gliwicz.
15. Fish Population Ecology: Ian J. Winfield.
16. Fish Community Ecology: Jouko Sarvala, Martti Rask and Juha Karialainen.
17. Self-Regulation Of Limnetic Ecosystems: Claudia Pahl-Wostl.
18. Palaeolimnology: P. O’Sullivan.
"...the Editors and their contributors have provided a treasure chest of information....researchers...would be well advised to recommend it to their librarians."
"...a powerful text of such scope and calibre as to set a benchmark for limnetic ecology in the 21st century. Achieving a range of disparate accomplishments, it could potentially re-catalyse lake limnology."
African Journal of Aquatic Science
- provides an up-to-date overview of the application of ecologically sound approaches, methods and tools for an understanding of lakes and their management
- volume one addresses the physical and biological aspects of lakes pertinent to lake management, emphasising those aspects particularly relevant to large, still bodies of water
- volume two considers lake management, with particular emphasis on sustainability, restoration and rehabilitation
- brings together basic science and management issues
- international coverage and international authors