Chapter 1 The Legal Framework.
Chapter 2 The Statutory Profession of Midwifery.
Chapter 3 The Statutory Regulation of Midwifery.
Chapter 4 Accountability within the NHS.
Chapter 5 Negligence in Midwifery Practice.
Chapter 6 Consent and Refusal.
Chapter 7 Use and Abuse of Information.
Chapter 8 Aspects of Law Related to Reproduction and Child Protection.
Chapter 9 Aspects of Employment Law.
Chapter 10 Application to Midwifery Practice
“The book is written with commendable and enviable clarity… Get this book. Read it. Go back to it.”
Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology
“I would recommend every midwife to obtain a copy of one or other of them, both to assist her safe practice and allay fears of ignorance about the law as it refers to midwifery.”
“It is clear that this is a book written by a midwife for midwives. The examples used being topical, relevant and recognisable. I found this book fascinating….”
* written by a midwife for midwives
* builds on the author's extensive experience
* relates legal issues to everyday midwifery practice
* includes a new chapter on NHS accountability
* contains new and revised case studies throughout
* relevant and up-to-date
* incorporates 2003 Midwives' Rules
* includes new sections on the human rights act, data protection act, reproductive technologies and disciplinary pathways