Introduction: Words Without Things.
1. The Concept of Postindustrial Society.
2. Baudrillard and TV Ads.
3. Foucault and Data Bases.
4. Derrida and Electronic Writing.
5. Lyotard and Computer Science.
'Poster has begun to theorize a very significant topic.' Sociology
* This book is a major new contribution to debates about modernity and post-modernity, emphasising the influence of electronic communication. * Poster highlights the emergence of a new communication order, an interaction between humankind and a new kind of reality. * The book presents an imaginative analysis of a new concept - the mode of information
- replacing the more familiar mode of production .