1. Sudden Cardiac Death.
2. The History of ICDs.
3. The ICD System.
4. Indications for ICD implantation.
5. Implant Procedures.
7. Arrhythmia Detection.
8. Arrhythmia Therapy.
9. SVT Discrimination.
10. Bradycardia Pacing.
12. Special Features.
14. A Systematic guide to ICD Follow-Up.
"For the cardiac practitioner involved in the mechanics of ICD therapy and the implications for patients it is of clear relevance to practice."
British Journal of Cardiac Nursing
- Builds on Tom Kenny’s The Nuts and Bolts of Cardiac Pacing (June 2005)
- Emphasizes real-life clinical practice and practical tips
- Each chapter ends with a checklist of "Nuts and Bolts" (key points on each subject)
- A lively, intelligent and accessible style
- Clear and practical illustrations from real clinical settings
- Starting with the basics, this book builds on fundamental principles and concludes with advanced concepts