The Orthodontic Mini-Implant Clinical Handbook is the must-have book for trainee and practicing orthodontists. It provides the essential theoretical and clinical mini-implant information to enable the clinician to easily introduce skeletal anchorage into their practice across a wide variety of common clinical scenarios.
The initial chapters cover general principles with subsequent chapters employing a step-by-step approach to guide the novice through the most common clinical uses for orthodontic mini-implants including: incisor retraction, molar distalisation, transverse and asymmetry corrections, and orthognathic surgery uses.
1. Mini-implant Principles and Potential Complications
2. Maximising Mini-implant Success: Clinical Factors
3. Maximising Mini-implant Success: Design Factors
4. Introducing Mini-implants to Your Clinical Practice
5. Planning and Insertion Techniques
6. Incisor Retraction
7. Molar Distalisation
8. Molar Protraction
9. Intrusion and Anterior Openbite Treatments
10. Transverse and Asymmetry Corrections
11. Orthognathic Surgical Uses
“I strongly recommend this book to all clinicians interested in introducing skeletal anchorage into their practice. The book is competitively priced, particularly when considering the amount clinical material provided.” (European Journal of Orthodontics, 2 October 2013)
“I have no hesitation in recommending this book as an essential read for orthodontic specialty trainees who may benefit from the progressive approach.” (British Dental Journal, 28 September 2013)