No passion, no conversation. No conversation, no word of mouth. No word of mouth, no successful business.
If you think you are in the marketing business, think again. You’re in the people business, and The Passion Conversation teaches you how to get people to fall passionately and madly in love with your organization or cause.
The author’s mash-up of the latest in wonky academic research with practical, real-world stories shows how any business can spark and sustain word of mouth marketing. Readers learn how loving your customers results in not just building a thriving community, but also driving meaningful conversations, ultimately impacting the financial success of a business.
The Passion Conversation will change your perspective on marketing by:
- Explaining the three motivations for people to talk about businesses and causes
- Detailing how every marketing problem is a people problem in disguise
- Giving heartfelt evidence that marketing materials are now conversation tools
- Showing how customer communities sustain word of mouth while also sparking financial impact
- Helping your business apply these marketing lessons through a series of workbook exercises called "Passion Explorations"
The time is now for marketers and businesses to go beyond the product conversation to understanding, sparking and sustaining the passion conversation for why your business is in business.
Preface A Note from the Authors ix
Chapter One Understanding Word of Mouth Marketing 17
Chapter Two Sparking Word of Mouth Marketing 37
Chapter Three Heroes: A Love Story 69
Chapter Four The Fitness Rebellion: A Love Story 97
Chapter Five The Driven Class: A Love Story 123
Chapter Six Wonderopolis: A Love Story 149
Chapter Seven Sustaining Word of Mouth Marketing 177
About the Authors 201