The Politics of Possession: Property, Authority, and Access to Natural Resources
1. Access and Property: A Question of Power and Authority (Thomas Sikor, University of East Anglia and Christian Lund, Roskilde University, Denmark).
2. Property, Authority and Citizenship: Land Claims, Politics and the Dynamics of Social Division in West Africa (Sara Berry, Johns Hopkins University).
3. Rubber Erasures, Rubber Producing Rights: Making Racialized Territories in West Kalimantan, Indonesia (Nancy Lee Peluso, University of California, Berkeley).
4. Ruling by Record: The Meaning of Rights, Rules and Registration in an Andean Comunidad (Monique Nuijten, Wageningen University and David Lorenzo, Roskilde University, Denmark).
5. Authority over Forests: Empowerment and Subordination in Senegal’s Democratic Decentralization (Jesse C. Ribot, University of Illinois).
6. Recategorizing ‘Public’ and ‘Private’ Property in Ghana (Christian Lund, Roskilde University, Denmark).
7. Land Access and Titling in Nicaragua (Rikke B. Broegaard, Danish Institute for International Studies).
8. Negotiating Post-Socialist Property and State: Struggles over Forests in Albania and Romania (Thomas Sikor, University of East Anglia; Johannes Stahl, University of California, Berkeley; and Stefan Dorondel, Humboldt University Berlin).
9. Property and Authority in a Migrant Society: Balinese Irrigators in Sulawesi, Indonesia (Dik Roth, Wageningen University).