Professional chefs are instructed on basic baking and pastry skills during two courses in culinary school, and many culinary schools now offer baking and pastry degree programs. In the professional kitchen, pastry chefs are responsible for the pro-duction of all baked goods, including desserts and breads. Pastry chefs create the dessert menu, which complements the chefs' style and gives the diner a grand finale after the main meal. Also of interest is the ever-increasing popularity for breads, home-style desserts and elegant designed desserts, all of which are covered in Friberg's basic book.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: The Professional Pastry Chef: Fundamentals of Baking and Pastry, 4th Edition
The Advanced Professional Pastry Chef (Hardcover $70.00)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
2. Basic Doughs.
3. Yeast Breads.
4. Flatbreads, Crackers and Rolls.
5. Breakfast Breads and Pastries.
7. Tarts, Pies, Cobblers and Crisps.
8. Tea Cakes, Pound Cakes, Muffins and Other Quick Breads.
9. Sponge Cakes and Cake Bases.
10. Basic Chocolate Work and Decorating Techniques.
11. Decorated Cakes.
12. Individual Pastries.
13. Plated Desserts.
14. Ice Cream and Sorbets.
15. Custards, Puddings, Mousses, Charlottes and Bavarois.
16. Sauces, Syrups, and Fillings.
Appendix A: Ingredients.
Appendix B: Equipment.
Appendix C: Weights, Measures, and Yields.
- Includes new chapters covering homestyle desserts, flatbreads, and crackers.
- The most authoritative American pastry and baking reference for professional pastry chefs as well as serious home cooks.
- Contains more than 650 recipes based on American applications of European techniques.
- Features 100 four-color photographs illustrating finished recipes.
- Provides 278 drawings and templates that offer step-by-step guidance through many of the more challenging techniques and presentations.
- Revised and expanded glossaries covering ingredients, equipment, and measurements.