The Safe Child Handbook: How to Protect Your Family and Cope with Anxiety in a Threat-Filled World
1. “Doing Too Much Is as Risky as Doing Too Little.”
Part One: Ensuring Your Child’s Safety.
2. Weather Emergencies: “What’s Going On with Mother Nature?”
3. Kidnapping: “Don’t Go Anywhere Without Me!”
4. Terrorism: “How Are We Supposed to Know What to Do?”
5. Inappropriate Media Influence: “Why Do They Keep Showing That Same Awful Scene?”
6. Drug and Alcohol Abuse: “Do You Want to Wind Up in the Gutter?”
7. Child Abuse: “Whom Can You Trust These Days?”
8. School Violence: “You Won’t Put My Son by the Windows, Will You?”
9. Making Your House Safe: “Where Are the Dangerous Places?”
Part Two: Ensuring Your Family’s Serenity.
10. How Can Your Children Cope with Their Fears?
11. How Can You Cope with Your Own and Your Family’s Fears?
Appendix: Lists of Internet Sites, by Type of Threat.
References and Further Reading.
About the Authors.