Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: The Science and Ethics of Engineering the Human Germ Line: Mendel's Maze
Guiding Icarus: Merging Bioethics with Corporate Interests (Paperback $34.95)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
1. Setting the Table.
2. Building a Living Organism from Inanimate Parts.
3. Molecular Biology and Recombinant DNA Technology.
4. Transmitting the Genetic Information to Future Generations.
5. Developmental Biology.
6. Reproductive Biology and Assisted Reproductive Technologies.
7. Methods and Strategies for Gene Transfer and Engineering of the Germ Line.
8. Introduction to the Ethics of Reproductive Genetic Technologies.
9. Future Developments and Applications of Genetic Engineering Technology.
10. What If? Ethical and Legal Aspects of Germ Line Genetic Manipulation.
A Brief Epilogue: Understanding Our Biases.
"Academic, hospital, and corporate health sciences libraries would welcome this title as an asset to their collections." (E-STREAMS, July 2004)
"...an essential and accessible guide to these important subjects. Dr. Gordon and John-Wiley Corporation jointly deserve a pat in the back for producing a beneficial and 'eye-opening' book." (Annals of Biomedical Engineering, August 2004)
“...elucidates the background of genetic manipulation for the layman...recommended...” (Choice, Vol. 41, No. 8, April 2004)
“...this book succeeds in demystifying many of the issues surrounding germline genetic manipulations...” (Science Books & Films, April 2004)
"This powerful ethical message, combined with Gordon's scientific acumen, make for a simultaneously accessible and thoughtful book." (Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine, July 2003)