DescriptionThe Sciences: An Integrated Approach 8th Edition by James Trefil and Robert Hazen uses an approach that recognizes that science forms a seamless web of knowledge about the universe. This text fully integrates physics, chemistry, astronomy, earth sciences, and biology and emphasizes general principles and their application to real- world situations. The goal of the text is to help students achieve scientific literacy. Applauded by students and instructors for its easy-to-read style and detail appropriate for non-science majors, the eighth edition has been updated to bring the most up-to-date coverage to the students in all areas of science.
The Sciences: An Integrated Approach, 8e Wiley E-Text: Powered by VitalSource + WileyPLUS Learning Space ECommerce Set
This item: The Sciences: An Integrated Approach, 8th Edition
- Science: A Way of Knowing
- The Ordered Universe
- Heat and the Second Law of Thermodynamics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Waves and Electromagnetic Radiation
- Albert Einstein and the Theory of Relativity
- The Atom
- Quantum Mechanics
- Atoms in Combination: The Chemical Bond
- Materials and Their Properties
- The Nucleus of the Atom
- The Ultimate Structure of Matter
- The Stars
- Earth and Other Planets
- Plate Tectonics
- Earth’s Many Cycles
- Ecology, Ecosystems, and the Environment
- Strategies of Life
- The Living Cell
- Molecules of Life
- Classical and Modern Genetics
- The New Science of Life
• Now Featuring WileyPLUS Learning Space!
• Updated Technologies All chapters have been updated where appropriate to reflect the most recent technologies, including newer examples of computers and hybrid vehicles.
• New and Updated End of Chapter Questions written to stimulate discussion, integrated thinking, and check students’ understanding of the materials.
Through a combination of dynamic course materials and visual reports, this collaborative learning environment gives you and your students immediate insight into strengths and problem areas in order to act on what’s most important.