I Legal and Administrative Matters.
1. Building Control: An Overview.
2. The 1959 Act and its rRegulations.
3. Administration of Buildng Control.
4. Legal Liabilities.
II Technical Matters.
6. Fitness of Materials and Workmanship.
8. Introduction to Parts D and E.
9. Structural fire precautions.
10. Means of escape from fire and facilities for firefighting.
11. Combustion Appliance Installations and Storage of Liquid and Gaseous Fuels.
12. Preparation of sites and resistance to moisture.
13. Resistance to transmission of sound.
14. Conservation of fuel and power.
15. Ventilation of buildings.
16 Drainage and sanitary facilities.
17. Electrical installations.
18. Miscellaneous hazards.
19. Access and Facilities for dwellings.
20. Solid waste storage.
21. Access to and Movement within Buildings and Protective Barriers.
* summarises legal liabilities under Scots law
* examines, part by part, the technical requirements of the building standards, with extensive illustrations and worked examples for further guidance
* last edition by W. Hamilton et al. published 1996 (ISBN 0-632-04115-3)