DescriptionIn The Source of Success, Peter Georgescu, former CEO of the world-renowned advertising agency Young & Rubicam, reveals the nature of the new economic world, and shows what it takes to win in this intensely competitive arena. Georgescu presents a new standard of leadership that focuses on the key source of value in today’s corporation: the relationship between the informed customer and the creative employee—a relationship, he shows, that must be built with honesty and integrity. Georgescu’s vision rests on five crucial principles, which together can unleash a tremendous untapped reservoir of energy within our organizations, and within ourselves:
- Creative capacity and the brand integrity that grows from it are an organization’s most important assets.
- Enlightened leaders inspire creativity through understanding, cooperation, and respect.
- Competence and execution are as important as ever, but they must be aimed at building intimacy with the customer.
- Alignment is the critical concept for the twenty-first-century organization.
- Great companies don’t happen without leaders who have transformed themselves.
1. The End of the World as We Know It.
2. Creativity: Tomorrow’s Factory Today.
3. Enlightened Leadership: No More Mr. Tough Guy.
4. Competency: The Essential Tools.
5. Alignment: The Magic Word.
6. Values: Dare to Be Good.
Postscript: A Better Chance.
- Provides a leadership model from the former CEO of advertising giant Young & Rubicam.
- Provides stories from Georgescu's colleagues and clients at Apple, Disney, Sears, Dell, Colgate, Medtronic, KFC, Proctor & Gamble, Ford, IBM, United Airlines, Levi Strauss, Verizon, American Express, Johnson & Johnson, and others.
- Outlines five guiding principles for leadership