Whether you are an employee, a manager, an entrepreneur or a CEO, The Sustainable MBA Second Edition provides the knowledge and tools to help you ‘green’ your job and organization, to turn sustainability talk into action for the benefit of your bottom line and society as a whole.
Based on more than 150 interviews with experts in business, international organizations, NGOs and universities from around the world, this book brings together all the pieces of the business and sustainability puzzle including:
- What sustainability is, why you should be interested, how to get started, and what a sustainable organization looks like.
- A wide range of tools, guidelines, techniques and concepts that you can use to implement sustainability practices.
- Information on how to be a sustainability champion or intrapraneur in your organization including how to sell these ideas to your team and how to incorporate them into any job.
- A survey of the exciting trends in sustainable business happening around the world.
- A wealth of links to interesting resources for more information.
The Sustainable MBA Second Edition is organized like a business school course, allowing you easy access to the relevant information you need about sustainability as it relates to Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Ethics, Finance, Marketing, Organizational Behavior and HR, Operations and Strategy.
The Sustainable MBA Second Edition has been updated to reflect global developments in this evolving field to remain the definitive guide to sustainable business. Additional resources to accompany the book are available at www.thesustainablemba.com.
PART I: SETTING THE SCENE 1
Chapter 1: About this Book 3
Chapter 2: What is Sustainability? 13
Chapter 3: What does this Mean for Business? 23
Chapter 4: The Sustainability Journey 33
Chapter 5: Getting Started 41
PART II: THE CORE TOPICS 51
Chapter 6: Accounting 55
Chapter 7: Economics 85
Chapter 8: Entrepreneurship 123
Chapter 9: Ethics and Corporate Governance 153
Chapter 10: Finance 183
Chapter 11: Marketing 217
Chapter 12: Operations 255
Chapter 13: HR and Organizational Behavior 295
Chapter 14: Strategy 323
PART III: TOOLS 361
Chapter 15: Tools for Monitoring, Managing, and Improving Performance 363
Chapter 16: Tools for Greening Offices and Buildings 377
PART IV: WRAPPING IT ALL UP 399
Chapter 17: What Can I Do? 401
Chapter 18: What will the Future Bring? 409