DescriptionFirst written in 1935, Shriner remains a classic text in the field. Coauthor Christine Hermann has introduced modern methods and topics and completely updated the illustration and photo program. The book is ideal for the Advanced Organic Lab and for Spectroscopy courses.
Chapter 2. Identification of Unknowns.
Chapter 3. Preliminary Examination, Physical Properties, and Elemental Analysis.
Chapter 4. Separation of Mixtures.
Chapter 5. Classification of Organic Compounds by Solubility.
Chapter 6. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometry.
Chapter 7. Infrared Spectrometry.
Chapter 8. Mass Spectrometry.
Chapter 9. Chemical Tests for Functional Groups.
Chapter 10. The Preparation of Derivatives.
Chapter 11. Structural Problems—Solution Methods and Exercises.
Chapter 12. Chemical Literature.
Appendix I. Handy Tables for the Organic Laboratory.
Appendix II. Tables of Derivatives.
Appendix III. Equipment and Chemicals for the Laboratory.
- All photographs are new
- Chromatography coverage is now all in one chapter
- Chapter 4 contains the separation of mixtures based upon extractions and distillation techniques
- Spectoscopy is now divided into three chapters:
Chapter 6-NMR Spectroscopy
Chapter 7-IR Spectroscopy
Chapter 8- Mass Spec and UV Spec
- Many more problems have been added throughout
- Classic text, market leader since 1935
- Consistently revised so that most up-to-date techniques and methods are included