Nov 1999, Wiley-Blackwell
DescriptionBased on the latest research findings, this is the moving story of the demise of one of the oldest of the American Indian peoples.
1. The Beginning.
2. Who Were the Timucua?.
3. The Invasion.
4. Spanish Missions.
5. Mission Settlements and Subsistence.
6. The Organization of Societies.
7. Beliefs and Behavior.
8. The End.
- The moving story of the demise of one of the oldest of the American Indian peoples
- Reconstructs the history of the Timucua over thirteen millenia
- Vivid account of the first colonial-Native American confrontation and its bitter outcome
- Based on the latest research findings - archaeological and documentary
- Fully illustrated with original maps and photographs.