22 Non-private living – a counter model for siheyuan in Beijing Moriyama house, Tokyo.
24. Casa Chorizo.
32. The private home as the basic element of the city block: Casa.
34. Patio House.
42. The façade acting as interface: Patio Island, Ypenburg.
44. Dar and Riad.
52. Courtyard houses in an artificial landscape: the Copenhagen mountain dwellings.
62. Furniture in the yard: Rue de Suisse, Paris.
64. Mini House.
70. The house in the middle of its neighborhood or the world in the house – Japanese single-family houses.
74. Tower House.
82. The vertical floor plan: Tokyo Tower House.
84. Quadruple Villa.
92. Example of living style: Quadruple Villa, Mulhouse.
94. Chinese Shophouse.
102. Draftless design: Hanoi Space Block.
104. Terrace House with Mews.
112. Two faces of a house: Brooklands Avenue, Cambridge.
114. Front Garden House.
122. A break in style revealed: compound in Rue de la Colonie, Paris.
124. Terrace House.
132. Terraced open space – houses in Graz and Les Herbiers.
134. Longtang House.
142. Spotlight on collective living: Seijo Garden Courts.
152. The parasite in the block: Viviendas entre Medianeras, Seville.
154. Courtyards and Passages.
162. The interrupted spatial sequence of faubourg architecture: apartments and studios in Rue de Charonne in Paris.
164. Hamburger Terrassen (Falkenried).
172. An urban settlement: Donnybrook in London.
174. Pol House.
182. The block as a miniature city: Carabanchel 11.
192. Variability within a constant building form: The city villas of Spandau.
194. Chicago Courtyards.
202. The house in the block: Lisbon Oriente Complex.
212. The megablock – a continuation of architectural tradition: Charlottehaven.
214. Town Place (Cas de Blocco).
222. The city as a work of art: the Paris quarter of Massena.
232. Improvement after the fact: multiple dwelling units in Mexico.
234. Hamburger Burg.
242. Structured living: ‘VM Houses’ in Copenhagen.
244. Berlage Superblock.
252 Design rules for the city block: Front de Parc, Bercy, Paris.
254. Plex House.
262. The ‘planted’ single-family house – Yerba Buena lofts, San Francisco.
272. Space defined by passage and courtyard: Passage Goix in Paris.
274. Post-Haussmannian Apartment Building.
282. Haussmann Light – Buildings in Rue Louis Blanc in Paris.
284. Casa de Mig and Casa de Quart.
292. Selective transparency of the block: Viviendas in El Gramal.
294. Casa de Renta.
302. New approach to architectural tradition: Buenos Aires.
304. Early Residential Towers.
312. A city reinvents itself: high-rise apartments in Vancouver.
314. Figure Ground Comparisons.
320. Process Comparison Table.
321. Density Comparison.