DescriptionThis book is a basic reference providing concise, accurate definitions of the key terms and concepts of organic chemistry. Not simply a listing of organic compounds, structures, and nomenclatures, the book is organized into topical chapters in which related terms and concepts appear in close proximity to one another, giving context to the information and helping to make fine distinctions more understandable. Areas covered include: bonding, symmetry, stereochemistry, types of organic compounds, reactions, mechansims, spectroscopy, and photochemistry.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: The Vocabulary and Concepts of Organic Chemistry, 2nd Edition
Basic Organic Stereochemistry (Paperback $188.00)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
1. Atomic Orbital Theory.
2. Bonds Between Adjacent Atoms: Localized Bonding, Molecular Orbital Theory.
3. Delocalized (Multicenter) Bonding.
4. Symmetry Operations, Symmetry Elements, and Applications.
5. Classes of Hydrocarbons.
6. Functional Groups: Classes of Organic Compounds.
7. Molecular Structure Isomers, Stereochemistry, and Conformational Analysis.
8. Synthetic Polymers.
9. Organometallic Chemistry.
10. Separation Techniques and Physical Properties.
11. Fossil Fuels and Their Chemical Utilization.
12. Thermodynamics, Acids and Bases, and Kinetics.
13. Reactive Intermediates (Ions, Radicals, Radical Ions, Electron-Deficient Species, Arynes).
14. Types of Organic Reaction Mechanisms.
15. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy.
16. Vibrational and Rotational Spectroscopy: Infrared, Microwave, and Raman Spectra.
17. Mass Spectrometry.
18. Electronic Spectroscopy and Photochemistry.
"…very valuable for professional chemists who wish to review material from organic chemistry and also should be welcomed by current organic students…highly recommended." (American Reference Books Annual, 2006)
"….curious cross between dictionary and textbook, a welcome update from the previous edition…offers ease of use…highly recommended." (CHOICE, November 2005)