Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Thinking Syntactically: A Guide to Argumentation and Analysis
Introduction to Government and Binding Theory, 2nd Edition (Paperback $93.95)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
1: Introduction: The Scientific Study of Language.
2: Diagnostics for Syntactic Structure.
3: Lexical Projections and Functional Projections.
4: Refining Structures: From One Subject Position to Many.
5: The Periphery of the Sentence.
- An introductory textbook written by an established author with an international reputation.
- Helps students develop their thinking and argumentation skills rather than merely introducing them to one particular version of syntactic theory.
- Structured around a wide range of exercises that use clear and compelling logic to build arguments and lead up to theoretical proposals.
- Features data drawn from current media sources, including newspapers, books, and television programs, to help students formulate and test hypotheses.
- Does not focus on specific theoretical approaches but enables students to understand and evaluate different approaches more easily.