DescriptionIn this book the authors examine the relations between work and time and explore the possibilities of developing new and more flexible working patterns.
1. Lifestyles and time relations in flux.
2. Flexible working time - new perspectives and traditional forms of opposition.
3. The revision of interpretative schemata - commitment and dissociation.
4. The changed relationship between money and time.
5. The time structures of the new lifestyle.
6. The dynamic of the new lifestyle.
7. Future prospects.
""A welcome and novel contribution to the literature on the relationship between time, money, work and lifestyle. It raises questions about the way we live our lives."" Time and Society
""This excellent, thought-provoking sociological study should be widely read."" Dr Barbara Adam, University of Wales
* Based on original research, drawing on interviews with employees in different sectors.