Time and Value
Time and Value
ISBN: 978-0-631-21003-0 December 1998 Wiley-Blackwell 278 Pages
Download Product Flyer
Table of contents
1. Values in the Timescapes of Nature: Barbara Adam (University of Wales, Cardiff, UK).
2. Angels in the Archive: Lines into the Future in the Work of Jacques Derrida and Miché Serres: Roy Boyne (University College Stockton/University of Durham, UK).
3. Time and Neutrality: Media of Modernity in a Postmodern World: Elizabeth Ermarth (University of Edinburgh, UK).
4. The Time of the Real When Disease is 'Actual': Monica Greco (Goldsmith's College, UK).
5. Times of Value, Deconstruction and Value: Elizabeth Grosz (Monash University, Australia).
6. Being After Time: Towards a Politics of Melancholy: Scott Lash (Lancaster University, UK).
7. Catastrophic Times: Alphonso Lingis (Penn State University, USA).
8. Moving at the Speed of Life: Tim Luke (Virginia Polytechnic University, USA).
9. Le Presentisme ou la Valeur du Cycle: Michel Maffesoli (Sorbonne, France).
10. Time and the Event: Andrew Quick (Lancaster University, UK).
11. Fugit Hora: High Fashion, Television and the Ethics of Style: Hilary Radner (University of Notre Dame, USA).
12. Time, Virtuality and the Goddess: Richard Roberts (University of Lancaster, UK).
13. Time, Baroque Codes and Canonization: Bonaventura de Souza Santos (University of Quimbra, Portugal).
14. Staging the Self by Performing the Other: Global Fantasies and the Migration of the Projective Imagination: Luiz Soares (University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil).
- A ground-breaking study drawing on an extensive range of disciplines which illuminate and clarify the cultural consequences of the transformation of time
- Explores the recomposition of value systems in the light of the problematics of time with an as yet unmatched range of references provided by leading international scholars
- Contains contributions from a range of well-established and internationally recognised scholars as well as new and exciting young thinkers