1. Introduction: Intuitive Topology.
2. Background on Sets and Functions.
3. Topological Spaces.
4. More on Open and Closed Sets and Continuous Functions.
5. New Spaces from Old.
6. Connected Spaces.
7. Compact Spaces.
8. Separation Axioms.
9. Metric Spaces.
10. The Classification of Surfaces.
11. Fundamental Groups and Covering Spaces.
- The book has been thoroughly class tested for three semesters and has received very positive feedback from students.
- Each chapter has a short introduction designed to motivate the ideas and place them into an appropriate context.
- Each section has a set of exercises, ranging in difficulty from easy to fairly challenging. The exercises are very created in their approach and work well in a classroom setting.
- The text is supported by a related website that contains more complete (and colorful) illustrations of certain objects, several learning modules that illustrate complicated topics, and some animations of particularly complex proofs.