2. Can the Anthropology of Tourism Make Us Better Travelers? (Erve Chambers).
3. Generating Theory, Tourism, and “World Heritage” in Indonesia: Ethical Quandaries for Anthropologists in an Era of Tourist Maniad (Kathleen M. Adams).
4. Archaeological Tourism: Looking for Answers along Mexico's Maya Riviera (Cameron Walker).
5. Enhancing Community-based Tourism Development and Conservation in the Western Caribbean (Susan C. Stonich).
6. Between Pure and Applied Research: Experimental Ethnography in a Transcultural Tourist Art World (Quetzil E. Castañeda).
7. Anthropological Angst and the Tourist Encounter (William A. Douglass, Julie Lacy).
8. An Anthro-planning Approach to Local Heritage Tourism: Case Studies from Appalachia (Mary B. Lalone).
9. Applied Anthropology and Heritage Tourism Planning: Working for the Western Erie Canal Heritage Corridor Planning Commission (Amanda Mason).
10. Hosts and Hosts: The Anthropology of Community-based Ecotourism in the Peruvian Amazon (Amanda Stronza).
11. Keeping the People in the Parks: A Case Study from Guatemala (Tim Wallace, Daniela N. Diamente).
12. More than Nature: Anthropologists as Interpreters of Culture for Nature-based Tours (Palma Ingles).
13. The Traveling Seminar: an Experiment in Cross-cultural Tourism and Education in Taiwan (David Blundell).
14. Anthropologists in the Tourism Workplace (Valene L. Smith).
Biosketches of the Authors.
· dedicated to the practical problem-solving and policy applications of anthropological knowledge and methods
· most editions available for course adoption