Preface and Acknowledgements.
1. Scope and Definitions.
2. The Diversity of tropical Estuaries.
3. Fish Faunas and Communities.
4. Trophic Ecology.
5. Reproductive Strategies.
6. Effects of Structure and Hydrology.
7. Mangroves and Estuarine Dependence.
8. Estuarine Fisheries.
9. Effects of Fishing.
10. Effects of Industry and Agriculture.
11. Conservation, Rehabilitation and Climate Change.
Fish and Fisheries
""My reading indicates that this book will be a valuable reference for those interested in the current status of tropical estuarine systems and our knowledge of them. The book will also serve as a benchmark against which to measure future negative impacts and conservation efforts.""