Up Your Business!: 7 Steps to Fix, Build, or Stretch Your Organization, 2nd Edition, Revised and Expanded
DescriptionPraise for the first edition of Up Your Business!
""Dave Anderson has hit another home run! Up Your Business! is an invaluable, highly readable guide that should be on the desk--and in the mind--of anyone demanding top-level performance from themselves and others.""
--James Strock, author, Reagan on Leadership and Theodore Roosevelt on Leadership
""Up Your Business! is a powerful blueprint for companies looking to take their business to the next level. It is one of the most powerful books on business and leadership I have ever read and will be a major component of Saga Communications' leadership training.""
--Warren Lada, Senior Vice President, Saga Communications, Inc.
""Once again, Dave Anderson puts it all together in a way that almost makes you think he's been looking over your shoulder all these years. Chapter two alone, 'Abolish Corporate Welfare: Create a Culture of Merit,' is worth the time it takes to read the entire book.""
--Mike Roscoe, founder and President, Horizon Communications
""Finally . . . a business book that gets to the heart of what matters and creates usable templates that could help any business thrive.""
--Roxanne Emmerich, author, Thank God It's Monday!
Foreword by John C. Maxwell vii
Author’s Note xiii
1. Always Remember, “It’s the People, Stupid!” 1
2. Abolish Corporate Welfare: Create a Culture of Merit 61
3. Develop Your Human Capital: How to Train, Coach, Mentor, and Retain Eagles 81
4. It’s All Right to Aim High if You Have Plenty of Ammo 127
5. Look in the Mirror: Executing Your Leadership Twelve-Pack 155
6. Survive Success: How to Overcome the Six Temptations of Successful Organizations 203
7. Build Long-Term Vitality: Steps for Execution and Follow-Through 243
8. Close the Gap between Knowing and Doing: Develop the Commitment to Do What Is Easier Said Than Done 269
About the Author 289