List of Tables.
PART I: ISSUES.
2. Basic Concepts of Probability and Statistics.
4. Hypothesis Testing.
6. Mathematics and Calculation Methods.
7. Formulating Water Quality Standards.
8. Percentile Standards (and the Reverend Bayes).
9. Microbial Water Quality and Human Health.
10. MPNs and Microbiology.
11. Trends, Impacts, Concordance, Detection Limits.
12. Answers to Exerciser.
Appendix: Statistical Tables.
"...well-written, clearly organized and quite comprehensive...this book should be a welcome addition to every water quality management library." (Ecological Engineering, January 2007)
"Managers…should…benefit from the wise advice on interpreting the results of analysis." (Journal of Environmental Quality, March/April 2006)
"…any groundwater scientist will certainly get considerable benefit from trying to acquire some of the knowledge put forth in this excellent book." (Technometrics, February 2006)