NEW for Spring 2017: Visualizing Nutrition Featuring Food For Thought. This extensive video suite is available through WileyPLUS Learning Space. Videos introduce students to upcoming chapter concepts, underscore the importance of nutritional choices on health, illuminate difficult scientific concepts, and point out helpful practice opportunities and resources in WileyPLUS Learning Space to help them focus their time and study effectively. This digital update also includes an instructor video for each chapter.
Visualizing Nutrition, 3e is intended for a one-term course in Introductory Nutrition taught at both two- and four-year schools. Visualizing Nutrition, 3e offers students a valuable opportunity to identify and connect the central issues of nutritional science in a visual approach. As students explore the critical topics of nutrition, they create a desire to understand the topics through demonstration of their relevance to the reader’s personal life. The material provides students with the decision-making skills needed throughout their lifespan to navigate the myriad choices they will face in promoting their good health and in preventing disease. Visualizing Nutrition’s critical thinking approach and a solid underpinning of the process of science empowers students to be knowledgeable consumers when faced with decisions about what to eat. The premier art program, interactive components, and applicable content make this a sure winner in sharing ones passion for Nutrition and engaging students.
Chapter 1: Nutrition: Everyday Choices
Chapter 2: Guidelines for a Healthy Diet
Chapter 3: Digestion: From Meals to Molecules
Chapter 4: Carbohydrates: Sugars, Starches, and Fibers
Chapter 5: Lipids: Fats, Phospholipids, and Sterols
Chapter 6: Proteins and Amino Acids
Chapter 7: Vitamins
Chapter 8: Water and Minerals
Chapter 9: Energy Balance and Weight Management
Chapter 10: Nutrition, Fitness, and Physical Activity
Chapter 11: Nutrition During Pregnancy and Infancy
Chapter 12: Nutrition from 1 to 100
Chapter 13: How Safe Is Our Food Supply?
Chapter 14: Feeding the World
Online Chapter: Metabolism
- Food For Thought Video Library: 70 new videos with accompanying assessment that help students understand nutrition by relating it to their personal lives.
- New Games!
- A number of new digital activities found in WileyPLUS Learning Space. 12 drag-n-drop interactivities focused on food sources and qualities for the macro- and micro-nutrient chapters.
- 3 calculating activities. This provides an option for students to create a meal and calculate the amount of calories and percent of calories from each of the macronutrients. There is no limit to variations of portions used in the meal. Users can practice calculating calories and percent of calories multiple times.
- Updated Video Resources: 10 new Video Bites focusing on the most current, relevant topics in nutrition such as the new food label regulations, meeting protein needs with vegan diets, herbal supplements, and biotechnology. All videos will have accompanying assessment.
- New Focus on Metabolism: A fully illustrated online appendix that serves as a summary of metabolism information that students have learned in the textbook. Found within WileyPLUS Learning Space.
- New and updated discussion questions to help build a student’s critical thinking skills and provide a useful resource for in-class discussions.
- Mobile media assets are now accessible on tablets, including How It Works Animations (with closed captioning for ADA compliance), Interactive Process Diagrams, What’s on MyPlate animation, and iProfile.
WileyPLUS Learning Space is an easy way for students to learn, collaborate, and grow.With WileyPLUS Learning Space, students create a personalized study plan, assess progress along the way, and make deeper connections as they interact with the course material and each other.
This collaborative learning environment provides immediate insight into strengths and problem areas through a combination of dynamic course materials and visual reports so that both you and your students can act on what’s most important.