Visualizing the Lifespan, Canadian Edition is part of the Wiley Visualizing series. This first Canadian edition presents lifespan development in a fresh new way by fully integrating visuals with content, while maintaining the rigor and currency of other textbooks. This groundbreaking visual approach paired with superior online technology and multi-media resources uniquely address the processing and learning style of today's student by making material both accessible and engaging without sacrificing rigor.
This new edition will also include WileyPLUS Learning Space which is an easy way for students to learn, collaborate, and grow. With WileyPLUS Learning Space, students create a personalized study plan, assess progress along the way, and make deeper connections as they interact with the course material and each other.
Chapter 1: Understanding Human Development: Approaches and Theories
Chapter 2: Biological Foundations, Prenatal Development, and Birth
Chapter 3: Physical and Cognitive Development in Infancy
Chapter 4: Socioemotional Development in Infancy
Chapter 5: Physical and Cognitive Development in Early Childhood
Chapter 6: Socioemotional Development in Early Childhood
Chapter 7: Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle and Late Childhood
Chapter 8: Socioemotional Development in Middle and Late Childhood
Chapter 9: Physical and Cognitive Development in Adolescence
Chapter 10: Socioemotional Development in Adolescence
Chapter 11: Physical and Cognitive Development in Emerging and Young Adulthood
Chapter 12: Socioemotional Development in Emerging and Early Adulthood
Chapter 13: Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Adulthood
Chapter 14: Socioemotional Development in Adulthood
Chapter 15: Physical and Cognitive Development in the Later Years
Chapter 16: Socioemotional Development in the Later Years
Chapter 17: Death, Dying, and Grieving
- The Visualizing Approach uses a variety of research-based visuals to engage students so they become active participants in the learning process.
- Each chapter is organized around learning objectives which serve as a guide for students.
- The content is applied to a variety of fields including education, nursing, social work, and criminal justice throughout the text.
- Focuses on the intricate interrelations among the various domains of development.
- Presents perspectives on development from around the world, emphasizing the essential connection between culture and development.
- Includes and examines Canadian research, data, and relevant examples to put material into context from a Canadian perspective
- Critically considers the challenges that can arise over the course of the lifespan, ranging from psychopathologies to growing up in poverty.
- Takes an inclusive approach to knowledge forms and research approaches including quantitative and qualitative research methodologies