Mastering the Standard C++ Classes: An Essential Reference
Cameron Hughes ; Tracey Hughes
Learn how to use the standard libraries of the C++ language to speed
and simplify any software development project
This complete tutorial and reference uses an easy-to-understand component approach to explain the standard C++ objects and how to use them. It shows you how the standard components can easily fit together to build custom objects, and teaches you how to combine C++ objects with other objects, like Java. The numerous code examples are presented using the ANSI/ISO standards for the C++ classes, and can be used in the Unix, Linux, MVS, VM OS/2, Windows, and Mac environments. Mastering the Standard C++ Classes gets you up and running with what you need to know about:
- Object-oriented Input and Output using the Iostream classes.
- String classes.
- Container classes and Algorithm Building Blocks.
- Exception classes and Error Handling objects.
- Language support and Internationalization classes.
- Numerics and Math classes.
- Object-oriented memory management components.
- Interfacing C++ objects with Java objects.
On the enclosed CD-ROM you'll find:
- A complete reference to the standard C++ classes.
- All the software examples from the book.
The Hugheses are the authors of Object-Oriented Multithreading Using C++, Collection and Container Classes in C++, and Object-Oriented I/O Using C++ Iostreams, all published by Wiley.
CAMERON HUGHES is a software engineer at Ctest Laboratories and a staff programmer/analyst at Youngstown State University. He spends most of his time developing large-scale C++ class libraries, inference engines, and information analysis tools.
TRACEY HUGHES is a senior programmer at Ctest Laboratories specializing in pattern-recognition class libraries, discrete event simulation, and information analysis tools.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the C++ Class Library.
Introduction: Anatomy of a Class.
The Exception Classes.
Runtime Type Information Classes.
The Standard C++ Containers.
Interfacing C++ with Java.
About the CD-ROM.
Copyright © 1999 John Wiley & Sons, Wiley Computer Books
More Books About: