As we recently announced, there have now been over 1 million review records from Wiley journals added on Publons. You can read more about the partnership between Wiley and Publons, and find out how our initial pilot in 2015 grew to this incredible milestone, here.
Over 970 Wiley journals have integrated their Electronic Editorial Offices (e.g. ScholarOne or Editorial Manager) with Publons, streamlining the process for reviewers to add reviews to their Publons profiles. If your journal isn’t yet integrated with Publons, you might be wondering what’s in it for you and your journal.
Benefits for editors:
- Increased reviewer engagement and satisfaction: Many of your reviewers are already using Publons, and integration makes the process effortless for them to showcase verified records of their reviews.
- Editor dashboard: After integrating your EEO with Publons, you’ll have access to a private Editor dashboard for your journal, where you can track reviewer activity and demographics. You’ll also have access to the “Interested Reviewers” listing, where you can see Publons users who have indicated that they would like to review for your journal. You can also track where rejected manuscripts are eventually published.
How does it work?
- Reviewers can manually add reviews to their profile from any journal. Wiley journals can integrate their EEOs with Publons directly, which automates the process for reviewers and improves the user experience. Reviewers of integrated journals are given a choice to have the record of their review activity automatically exported to Publons after they’ve completed their review.
- The default setting is for reviews to remain blind (i.e. the reviewers’ names are not disclosed) and unpublished unless both the journal and reviewer agree otherwise.
- Publons gives reviewers credit immediately regardless of whether a manuscript is accepted for publication.
- Reviewers can opt in or out of the Publons service as they wish. Integrating the Publons workflow on your journal does not require your reviewers to claim their reviews on Publons.
If you’re interested in integrating your journal with Publons or would like to find out more, please reach out to your Journal’s Publishing Manager. If you’re also a reviewer, visit http://publons.com/in/wiley to create your own account and start adding your review records.
About the AuthorMore Content by Alice Wood